Force planner forum

Army planning : discuss!
It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:42 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: After talk, MLB ‘very happy’ with A-Rod
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:38 pm 

Although Alex Rodriguez never had an opportunity during Spring Training to meet with the feds investigation Anthony Galeayouth mlb jerseys, the Yanks’ third baseman did speak with Major League Baseball’s own investigators late last week. According to subsequent reports, MLB officials were, in the words of A-Rod, “very happy” with his answers.
Michael S. Schmidt of The Times reports that A-Rod denied receiving any performance-enhancing drugs from Dr. Galeamlb football jerseys. Rodriguez says he received anti-inflammatories for his hip from Galea but did nothing illegal. “It went well,” A-Rod said to reporters. “I cooperated. They were very happy. And that’s it. I can’t really get into it that much.”
Meanwhile, A-Rod’s meeting with the feds may finally happen this week, the Daily News reports. Originally scheduled for Thursday, the meeting was postponed when A-Rod’s lawyers requested an extensioncheap nfl jerseys. They wanted to avoid a media scrum in Buffalo. Yankee and MLB officials, however, would prefer to see this interview over and done with, and there’s an outside chance that the feds will accept notes from A-Rod’s meeting with MLB in lieu of a statement from A-Rod himself.
As various news outlets have reported, the Yankees have been less than thrilled with A-Rod for his connection to Galea. Both the team and Marc Philippon, the doctor who preformed A-Rod’s hip surgery last spring, say they never gave Galea the OK to treat Rodriguezwholesale mlb jerseys, and A-Rod apparently went to the Canadian doctor himself.
The Yankees have two days off this week, and hopefully, the government can find the time for A-Rod then. I want to be optimistic and say that once A-Rod meets with the feds as a witness, this will be the last we hear of Galea this year. With A-Rod, though, you just never know.

Post subject: Accident
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:21 pm 

Workman:“Mr.Brown,I should like to ask for a smallrise in my wages. I have just been married.”

Employer:“Very sorry,my dear man, but I can't helpyou. For accidents which happen to our workmen outside thefactory we are not responsible.”nike air max tn

[size=0]nike air max tn
nike air max

nike air max 95

puma chaussures[/size]

Post subject: Compliment
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:53 am 

"Larry! Come here!" said his furious mother, putting the telephone down, " I’ve just had a call   from Mrs. Harrison about your behavior to her Doris at the school dance last night. You wretched, rude boy!" tn requin
  "I was nice to her, Mum, really I was!" protested the youth. nike tn

"I even paid her a compliment when we had a dance." nike shox
  "Did you, indeed?" said his mother grimly, "And what exactly did you say?" nike chaussures
  "I said, Gosh, Doris, you sweat less than any fat girl I’ve ever danced with!" nike air max tn

Post subject: When I met you I knew I would forever be by your side
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:34 am 

When I met you I knew I would forever be by your side --
forever your partner and forever your love. nike shox r4 torch nike air max tn

Nike air max 90

Post subject: Corruption
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:22 am 

At the height of a political corruption trial, the prosecuting attorney attacked a witness. "Isn't it true," he bellowed, "that you accepted five thousand dollars to compromise this case?"

The witness stared out the window, as though he hadn't hear the question. nike tn

"Isn't it true that you accepted five thousand dollars to compromise this case?" the lawyer repeated loudly.

The witness still did not respond. nike chaussures

Finally, the judge leaned over and said, "Sir, please answer the question." nike air max

"Oh," the startled witness said, "I thought he was talking to you."nike shox

Post subject: Lawyer At A Plane
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:25 pm 

An airliner was having engine trouble, and the pilot instructed the cabin crew to have the passengers take their seats and get prepared for an emergency landing. nike tn

A few minutes later, the pilot asked the flight attendants if everyone was buckled in and ready.nike shoes nike shox

"All set back here, Captain," came the reply, "except one lawyer who is still going around passing out business cards.nike air max nike tn

Post subject: Makaay-Messi the best so far
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:09 pm 

[img=652,354]http://www.fifa.com/mm//Photo/Tournament/Competition/01/26/32/65/1263265_FULL-LND.jpg[/img] [align=left]Foto-net[/align]

Roy Makaay rates as one of European football?s most prolific strikers of recent times, with a total of 256 goals in Spain?s La Liga, the Bundesliga in Germany and the Dutch Eredivisie. He reached a personal zenith in 2003, when he claimed the Golden Shoe as the continent?s leading scorer with 29 goals in the Spanish top flight. At the end of last term, Makaay brought down the curtain on his illustrious career, which for all his success at club level, never included a run-out at the FIFA World Cup?.ed hardy clothing
In the build-up to the quarter-finals in South Africa, FIFA.com spoke to the 35-year-old about his impressions of the tournament so far, the best forwards at the finals, and who he is backing to win the trophy. louboutin shoes
FIFA.com: Roy, you?re certain to be following the action at the FIFA World Cup, but where from?
Roy Makaay:
At the moment, I?m watching the matches at a theme park in Germany, where I?m taking a few days? vacation with my family. From the quarter-finals onwards, I?ll be watching at home in the Netherlands.
What?s your assessment of the tournament so far?
The tournament?s not really caught fire yet. We?ve had a couple of terrific games, but quite a few poor ones too. But I think it?s beginning to change now we?re in the knockout stages, and the games will be increasingly attractive.jordan shoes
Image Van Marwijk is an outstanding coach. He?s very calm and collected, he knows exactly what he wants, and he communicates that directly to the players.
Image Roy Makaay on Bert van Marwijk

What?s the biggest surprise so far, and what?s disappointed you the most?
The biggest surprise is definitely seeing Uruguay and Paraguay or Japan in the last eight. The biggest disappointment has to be the performance of the 2006 finalists, Italy and France.
You played in Spain, Germany and the Netherlands. How would you rate the national teams from those countries?NFL jersey
The Dutch qualified for the quarter-finals very comfortably. They?ve been in no trouble at all in any of their matches ? and they can still play a lot better too. Germany fully deserve their place in the quarter-finals. They?ve played some lovely football. Knocking England out of the tournament 4-1 says it all, but now they have to play Argentina, the best team I?ve seen so far. And Spain are a great team. They were a bit unlucky in their first game against the Swiss, but with their potential, I regard them as one of the favourites for the trophy.
You know Netherlands boss Bert van Marwijk very well after playing for him in Rotterdam with Feyenoord. What?s he like as a coach?wholesale NFL jersey
Van Marwijk is an outstanding coach. He?s very calm and collected, he knows exactly what he wants, and he communicates that directly to the players. They know there can only be one target this time, which is winning the World Cup. I rate Van Marwijk as one of the best coaches I ever had.
The Elftal face Brazil in the quarter-finals. How will they approach the game, and how far can the Dutch go at the tournament?
Holland against Brazil is a massive game. I reckon the teams are just as good as each other right now, and I think the winners will go through to the Final. Obviously, I?m hoping the Dutch win the game.
Speaking as a former world-class striker, which forward has impressed you the most so far?
I?ve really enjoyed watching Lionel Messi. He?s my player of the tournament at the moment, despite not scoring himself as yet. But there?s also Gonzalo Higuain, Diego Forlan and Luis Suarez, who I know well from the Eredivisie.
Germany starlet Thomas Muller has received rave reviews at the finals. How do you rate him?
It's not just that Thomas has had a great World Cup, he maintained very high standards throughout last season. He?s brought all the positives from a superb season with Bayern with him to the World Cup ? like all the Bayern players in fact ? and he?s been outstanding so far. He?s young, he?s unaffected by the pressure, and you can see he?s enjoying the tournament.
Who are your favourites for the trophy?
Before it started, I?d have said Brazil and Spain. Now, and as I?ve just told you, I see the winners of Holland versus Brazil meeting Argentina or Spain in the Final, and that could go either way.
You ended your long and successful playing career in May. What does the future hold for you now?
I?m hoping to make a gradual transition to coaching, so I need to earn the necessary qualifications in the Netherlands. As of the new season, I?ll be attached to the Feyenoord youth section, where I?ll be running special training sessions for the young strikers.

Post subject: South Americans take centre stage
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:43 pm 

[img=652,354]http://www.fifa.com/mm//Photo/Tournament/Competition/01/26/01/53/1260153_FULL-LND.jpg[/img] [align=left]Getty Images[/align]

One of the curiosities of this FIFA World Cup? has been the success of the South American teams. The sight of Argentina and Brazil in the latter stages is no novelty but South American football has made history in South Africa with four of the continent's teams advancing to the quarter-finals.ed hardy clothing
The achievements of Paraguay, first-time quarter-finalists, and Uruguay, through to the last eight of the first time in 40 years, mean we might even see another first by the time the dust has settled on Friday and Saturday's action. South America has never managed more than two representatives in the semi-finals ? something which last happened in 1970 when the continent had three quarter-finalists and Brazil and Uruguay reached the last four. louboutin shoes
It is ironic that the feats of the CONMEBOL countries ? Chile also caught the eye in reaching the last 16 ? comes at a time when more South American players than ever are based in Europe and when the global spotlight on the European game shines more brightly than ever, particularly through the prominence of the UEFA Champions League. UEFA Technical Director Andy Roxburgh, who is a member of FIFA's Technical Study Group here in South Africa, noted that "the country with the biggest number of players in the Champions League's latter stages is Brazil". Only three of Brazil's 23-man squad play in their domestic league and Roxburgh said the Sele玢o's style had gained a more European, "pragmatic element" in recent times.jordan shoes
Speaking of pragmatic, another CONMEBOL side, Paraguay, boast the tournament's best defensive record with just one goal conceded in four games, yet it is at the other end of the field that South American football still stands out, producing arguably the world's most exciting forward players. Argentina, like Brazil, have long exported their best attacking talents to Europe and Lionel Messi and Diego Milito ? two of 17 Albiceleste players based overseas ? were on the score sheet in the last two Champions League finals.NFL jersey
Image When you're born in a country with a history and a lot of supporters, even though we're just three million people, you're born with a certain pressure
Image Diego Perez, Uruguay midfielder

It is not just those too, though. If Paraguay have only eight players in Europe, Uruguay have 13 and coach Oscar Tabarez believes his squad have benefited significantly from the experience of playing their football on the Old Continent. Tabarez said: "Almost all of them are playing in very important foreign teams and capitalising on those experiences of playing at a high level." The Celeste's foreign legion is headed by Diego Forlan, twice winner of the European Golden Shoe, who has hit 120 goals in 207 Spanish league appearances with Villarreal and Atletico Madrid. There is also Luis Suarez, whose goals downed Mexico and Korea Republic, who has recorded 57 league goals in two seasons at Ajax in the Dutch Eredivisise.NFL jersey

Uruguay have always produced teams that are hard to beat and the addition of this attacking threat is one factor behind their success. Another is national pride. Argentina and Uruguay, in particular, have long been renowned in South America for their passionate flying of the flag. FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter alluded to this on Tuesday when he said: "South American teams are successful at the moment, maybe because the players have a higher national identification."
Uruguay midfielder Diego Perez lent weight to the FIFA President's argument when he spoke of the desire of his team to make a mark for their small country on the global stage. He said: "When you?re born in a country that has history and a lot of supporters, even though we're just three million people, you're born with a certain pressure because you know it's a football country with a real passion for the game."
No players have looked as motivated in South Africa as Argentina's and it was instructive to see former Albiceleste FIFA World Cup winner Osvaldo Ardiles contrast the success of his country with the early demise of England, the country where he played and coached for many years. Only three European teams have reached the last eight and if the early exits of France and Italy might be considered part of football's cycle of success and failure, England's disappointingly flat campaign raised questions about the poor health of the national team in comparison with the success story of the Premier League and its leading clubs.
Ardiles, writing in the Daily Telegraph newspaper, said the global prominence of the Premier League does not translate to a winning England team because the club game takes priority. "The Premier League is partly to blame," he said, adding: "It is win-at-all-costs and it perhaps sacrifices the aesthetics and skills." Moreover, he argued that there is a reliance "on the playmakers being foreigners. The teams doing well in this World Cup have players who can dominate the midfield, put ten passes together and from there look for openings." In other words, precisely the kind of football the Spanish and South Americans play.
There is another factor behind South America's success according to Paraguay coach Gerardo Martino, who said that the teams all arrived "very well-prepared". He added: "Besides having good individuals, they came here in a good moment collectively". Uruguay defender Mauricio Victorino elaborated on this point by arguing that the tough South American qualifying system ? a straight home-and-away league system involving the continent's ten teams ? had provided the perfect preparation.
He said the achievements of the continent's teams "shows how competitive South American football is. Maybe that's why it was so hard [in qualifying], because all of the teams are hard to beat." The Uruguayans had to defeat Costa Rica in a play-off after finishing fifth in the standings and Vittorino added: "Maybe it is true to say the most difficult part is to qualify. Maybe here you have less pressure because you try to enjoy it when you are here, obviously with a responsibility to perform but the play-off pressure is something really unique." Not quite as unique as the South American story potentially unfolding before us.

Post subject: Engineers detect seepage near BP oil well
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:14 pm 

Engineers monitoring BP Plc's damaged well in the Gulf of Mexico detected seepage on the ocean floor that could mean problems with the cap that has stopped oil from gushing into the water, the government's top oil spill official said on Sunday.[color=#ffffff]NFL jerseys [/color]Earlier on Sunday, BP officials had expressed hope that the test of the cap which began Thursday could continue until a relief well can permanently seal the leak next month. Oil gushed from the deep-sea Macondo well for nearly three months until the new cap was put in place last week.
But late on Sunday, the U.S. government released a letter to BP Chief Managing Director Bob Dudley from retired Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen that referred to an unspecified type of seepage near the mile-deep (1.6 km-deep) well along with "undetermined anomalies at the well head."
"I direct you to provide me a written procedure for opening the choke valve as quickly as possible without damaging the well should hydrocarbon seepage near the well head be confirmed," Allen wrote.
BP did not respond to requests for comment on Allen's letter.
The worst oil spill in U.S. history has caused an economic and environmental disaster in five states along the Gulf Coast, hurt President Barack Obama's approval ratings and complicated traditionally close ties with Britain.
Those concerns are sure to be discussed when British Prime Minister David Cameron meets Obama in Washington on Tuesday.
The plan had been for BP to resume siphoning the oil after the completion of the pressure tests on the well, which extends 2.5 miles under the seabed, to judge if it is able to withstand the process to seal the leak.[color=#ffffff]wholesale NFL jerseys[/color]
But Doug Suttles, BP's chief operating officer, said the company now hopes to keep the damaged well shut until the relief well is completed in August and the leak is sealed off with heavy drilling mud and cement.
"We're hopeful that if the encouraging signs continue that we'll be able to continue the integrity test all the way to the point that we get the well killed," he told reporters before Allen issued his statement. "Clearly we don't want to reanimate flow into the Gulf if we don't have to."
Suttles' statement could indicate diverging viewpoints between BP and the U.S. government on plans for the well integrity test. It prompted Allen -- who will ultimately make the final call on the test -- to issue a statement that "nothing had changed" in the joint plan going forward.
PERMANENT FIX [color=#ffffff]NBA jerseys[/color]
When BP choked off the flow a mile under the water's surface with a new, tighter cap on Thursday, it was the first time oil has not spewed since an April 20 explosion on an offshore rig killed 11 workers and triggered the disaster.
U.S. authorities probing the spill are looking into why workers missed signs of an impending explosion and have drawn up a list of more than 20 anomalies in the crew's response to them, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Billy Nungesser, president of Plaquemines Parish in Louisiana, said the new cap was good news after a three-month losing battle to try to clean up oil hitting fragile marshlands as more lapped ashore.[color=#ffffff]NHL jerseys[/color]
"We're very optimistic," Nungesser told the "Fox News Sunday" program. "We see light at the end of the tunnel. It's a very long tunnel but today we're making progress."
In Boothville, Louisiana, where a sign on a roadside snack stand said "Thank you, Jesus, the well is capped," residents were happy but frustrated at the economic toll the spill is taking.
Obama -- under fire to push BP to plug the leak and clean up a spill that has fouled beaches and ravaged fishing, tourism and drilling industries -- welcomed the success of the new cap but said there was much work ahead on a permanent solution.
NEW RULES?
Beyond monitoring the meeting between Cameron and Obama, BP and its lobbyists are keeping a close eye on the U.S. congressional debate over an energy bill that could include reforms meant to prevent a repeat of Gulf of Mexico spill.[color=#ffffff]MLB jerseys[/color]
Lawmakers are considering a range of new rules that could require tougher safety regulations on offshore drilling or bar companies like BP from new offshore exploration leases.
The crisis took on a new twist over the weekend as the British government said there was no evidence of a connection between BP and last year's release of a Libyan man convicted of the 1988 airline bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland, that killed 270 people, most of them Americans.
The Senate Foreign Relations Committee has scheduled a July 29 hearing on possible ties between BP and the release of Abdel Basset al-Megrahi, a Libyan intelligence officer who was the only person convicted of the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103.
BP has said it lobbied the British government about slow progress in resolving a different prisoner transfer agreement with Libya in 2007 but was not involved in Megrahi's release.

Post subject: Flacco says this year's Ravens team is his best
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:48 am 

Ravens QB Joe Flacco told the Baltimore Sun on Saturday that this year’s team is the best on which he has ever played. And that should mean something, too, considering he’s a veteran of two NFL seasons.[color=#ffffff]youth NFL jerseys [/color]
“We’ve got the talent to go as far as we want to,” Flacco said. “It’s about playing up to our capabilities. I think we’ve done that for the most part.”
But in fairness to Flacco, he does have three playoff wins under his belt, including a trip to the AFC Championship Game. And what else is he going to say, that this year’s team is brutal? (Although it would be cool if somebody like Sam Bradford came out and said his college team was better than his current NFL team, which might be the case.)[color=#ffffff]cheap NFL jerseys[/color]
But hyperbole or not, Flacco does have a point. The Ravens have surrounded him with enough weapons with Anquan Boldin and Donte’ Stallworth that this team could be looking at a Super Bowl or bust.
“We’ve definitely been disappointed the last couple of years,” Flacco said. “We know that feeling. If that happens again, we’re going to be disappointed. I think the fans feel the same way and rightfully so.[color=#ffffff]wholesale NFL jerseys[/color]
“We want to get to the Super Bowl. We understand that we have a team to do so. We’re going to do it one of these times. We just want it as soon as possible. We think it could be this year.”
Flacco made those comments while signing autographs at a telecommunications store in Severn, Md. Hopefully, there were no adults waiting in line — as the team’s new autograph policy at training camp prohibits grown-ups from gathering signatures at training camp, according to the Carroll County Times. [color=#ffffff]NFL jersey[/color]
Some of the adults quoted by the Times compare the policy to the Baltimore Colts leaving town, which seems a bit extreme. But come guys, think about the children. The children. Hopefully those mentioned in the story were able to get out to see Flacco on Saturday. [color=#ffffff]NFL jerseys[/color]